Monday, December 7, 2009

OK, OK, I'll Go...

I started running at age 39 and now at 44 I'm still barely getting started. I was recently run/walking 2-3 miles every other day, but with the cold weather, I've just sort of stopped. I don't have an appealing treadmill, but I'm thinking I might as better resurrect it so that I can use it when the weather is formidable. I actually have good warm gear and have run through the winter before, so I know I can do it. I've been feeling lowly and slight-sickly recently too, so there are my excuses. Sorry to dump.

When I stop I think, "I'm not a runner". When I run I think, "Well, I'm out here, so I guess I'm a runner... of sorts." Even when I'm on a good stretch of habit, I wait for the urge/stamina to run further/faster, and it really doesn't come or it's so hardly noticeable. I keep thinking I'll build up gradually to a 'respectable' distance/time/frequency, but it hasn't happened yet. Now as I get older (yes, 44 feels old much of the time) I'm resigned to be content with walking since I can get my heart rate up and a really good feeling after a walk anyway.

All that to say... I'm suited up here at my computer in the 6:00 A.M. hour... temperature is in the 20's outside and.... here I go. I am once again determined to be an active fit adult. Thanks for listening,

No comments:

Post a Comment