Wednesday, November 9, 2011

...And the Moon Sees Me

I've been getting such a kick out of early morning running recently. I actually am enjoying looking at the sky. For the first time in my life, I've figured out the moon phases, and orbits and find it fascinating. As I opened my eyes this morning in bed, the first thing I saw was the almost full moon shining right in my window. I got such a kick out that, because I haven't seen the moon in the morning for almost a month! Now I know why.

Probably you do too, but I am embarrassed to say I never took Earth Science. Our middle school had a a set 7th & 8th Grade science program. Then in HS, I took the honors track which was Bio, Chem, Physics, and a full year of College Bio, which I do love, by the way. Anyhow, the gaps in my knowledge are finally being filled. What a hoot to learn something new at age 46!

So... this morning at 5:30 I saw the moon. Then I got my coffee, read a chapter and checked again... and it was gone over the horizon already!! Who'dda thunk that there is a set moon-rise & moon-set time that has nothing to do with our day and night!?!

I did not run this morning as I opted for a day of rest for these muscles. My quads are tight and almost sore & I'm hoping they'll heal and feel back to normal by tomorrow. Plus, the trade off is that I could get to work early, which is always wonderful for a teacher, especially when you have 90 kids scheduled for a rehearsal with you at 8:00 in the morning! Yup!

A note about changing my blog name. While I like the alliteration of Rita's Ramblings, I don't choose to have the inbred humility or even put down any more. I've been known as Serious Rita for most of my life, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to publicly strive for "silly" which I do believe is a much healthier/happier way to be, at least sometimes! Plus, I've been circling my block six times most mornings and it seems a little silly, like a mouse on an exercise wheel.

Run on! ... and Smile at the Moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment