Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gobble Trot Gobble Trot

I am proud to say that I walked 5 miles at 7:20 AM on Thanksgiving Day! I was up and in my kitchen by 5:30 and was good to go by 7:00! My habit of 'early to bed, and early to rise' is really paying off! It wasn't easy, but it was enjoyable, along the Erie Canal talking with a friend I don't get to see very often! My very first Turkey Trot, and my first event of any kind with 5 miles. I'm considering running a 'freezeroo' of 5 miles, but that sounds like too long for me. I wish it were only a 5K. The name sounds horrible, but my friend is considering doing it, so I'll think about it. It would mean missing Zumba. : ( But I'd be connecting with another friend and would get really good exercise that day... and... I might actually increase my intensity/mileage in order to prepare for this thing! Hmmm.

Anyhow, my Thanksgiving was the best ever! I learned how to make cranberry sauce. I made my best ever sausage stuffing. The giblet stock was simple, and made a fantastic gravy without any salt. I can't believe it! It honestly was fantastic & nobody missed the salt... even on the mashed potatoes. I was prepared with the shakers on the table, but alas, they were untouched!! Good for us!

I ate my first pomegranate this morning and it was phenomenal on top of my cereal. Thank you to Wegmans for the sample they gave me and for making it accessible in my 46th year of life! I rejoice in any "firsts" I enjoy at this point.

Going to snuggle up in my first electric-blanket heated bed of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment